If you have not created a Test Suite previously, create one first since a Test Suite is mandatory for creation of a Normal Execution.
Please check this article for more details on creating a Test Suite - How to add/edit/delete Test Suite?
You can bypass the Test Suite creation requirement by using a Quick Run or Dry Run.
Please check this article for more details on Quick Run and Dry Run - Different Types of Execution Methods in Testsigma
Considering you have created a Test Suite containing at least one Test Case with a few steps inside it, we can navigate to the Create Execution page as follows:
Select Project > Select Application > Select Version > Select Executions
Note: From here on in this article, the term Execution corresponds to Normal Execution unless stated otherwise.
When we click on the Executions menu item on the left context menu from the Version page, we will be taken to Executions page.
If you have created Executions previously, those will be listed there.
Every Execution requires at least one Execution Environment in it where we specify the configuration of Execution Machine.
Furthermore, creating an Execution Environment is possible only if there is an already created Test Suite.
We can follow the steps given below to create an execution:
1. Firstly, click on the Create button on the top right corner on the Executions page to open the Create Execution page which looks as given below:
2. Enter the details as given below:
Select Execution Type
Automated - if you want to execute your automated Test Cases using this Execution.
Manual - if you want to document and manage your manual Test Cases using this Execution.
Note: For manual test execution, you need to manually update the test results in the tool after execution.
Name (Required): Enter a name for the execution.
Description: Enter a meaningful description for this execution elaborating about it.
Email Addresses: Enter email addresses separated by comma to receive notifications when the execution starts, stops and completes.
Execution Model: Testsigma supports execution of 4 different types, namely:
(i) Testsigma Lab: This option allows you to run tests in Testsigma’s own cloud infrastructure. This is the recommended configuration if the application that you need to test is accessible over Internet and not blocked by the firewall of a company network.
(ii) Hybrid: This option allows you to run tests in your local machine. This is the recommended option if your application is located on a local machine or a workplace server that is restricted from connecting to internet by company firewall.
Note: You need to install a helper agent application on your local machine to use this option. This agent configures the connection between Testsigma servers and your machine in order to perform the execution on your local machine.
Refer the help document to set up Hybrid execution model - How to Create/Edit/Delete tests in Hybrid model?
(iii) BrowserStack: BrowserStack is a third party vendor that provides Test environment on cloud to test your applications. You will need to integrate with BrowserStack by entering the login credentials. You can use this option only if your application is accessible via Internet.
(iv) Sauce Labs: Sauce Labs is a third party vendor that provides Test environment on cloud to test your applications. You will need to integrate with Sauce Labs by entering the login credentials. You can use this option only if your application is accessible via Internet.
3. After entering all the details and selecting the required Execution Model, we need to create at least one Execution Environment inside the Execution.
Please check this article for more details on creating and managing Execution Environments - How to add/edit/delete Execution Configuration?
4. Next, we can move onto editing additional settings. The following options are available under Execution Settings and Recovery Actions:
Change these options only if necessary.
5. Finally, click on Create button to Create the Execution. We would be taken to the Executions page and our new Execution will be available there.
6. Click on Run Now to execute the tests right away or click on Run Later to schedule an execution for a later time.
Please check this article for more details on Scheduled Executions - How To Create/Edit/Delete Schedule Execution?
Once the execution is started, we will get a success notification stating that Execution is initiated.
On the Executions page, click on the Execution name to open the details page for that Execution as given below:
1. Click on the Edit button on the top right corner to open the Edit Execution as shown below:
We can also edit the Execution Configuration created by us in this page.
2. Make the necessary changes and click on the Update button at the bottom of the page to finalize the changes.
1 .On the Execution details page for a particular Execution, click on the Delete button on the top right corner near the Edit button.
2. We will get a confirmation dialog to confirm the deletion. Select the checkbox and click on Delete button to confirm deletion.