The Test Suite is a container that has a set of Test Cases which helps testers in Organizing the Test Cases while executing and reporting the Test Execution status. It can take any of the statuses namely In progress, Aborted, Stopped, Not Executed or Completed depending on execution results. A Test Case can be added to multiple Test Suites.
Test Development > Test Suite
Once you have reached the Test Suites page, the following options are present there:
Click on the Create button to create a new Test Suite and follow the Create Test Suite section for more details mentioned in below article.
Click on Edit icon to do edit your existing test suite and follow Edit Test Suites section for more details mentioned in below article.
Click on Delete icon to remove your test suite and follow Delete Test Suites section for more details mentioned in below article.
Click on an already created Test Suite and to take us to the Test Suite Details page. From the Test Suite Details page, you can edit and delete the current Test Case.
Create Test Suite
Clicking on the Create button takes us to the Create Test Suite page as shown below:
Enter the following details:
Select Automated / Manual depending on the type of Test Cases to be included in the Test Suite.
Test Suite Name (Required): Enter a name for this particular requirement of your application.
Description: Enter a meaningful description for this requirement elaborating about it.
Prerequisite: Select another Test Suite as prerequisite to be included in an execution with this Test Suite.
Click here to select Test Cases: Click here to add Test Cases to the Test Suite. A Choose Test Cases overlay opens up where we need to select the Test Cases to be included in the Test Case.
Please check the below section Adding Test Cases to Test Suite for more details on adding Test Cases.
Adding Test Cases to Test Suite
After entering the required details, click on Click here to select Test cases link and we will be taken to Choose Test Cases overlay on Test Suites page.
The following options are present in the Choose Test Cases overlay page:
- You can filter Test Cases using the drop down fields Requirement Name, Requirement Type, Test cases Type, Test case Priority and Created By.
- You can see Test Cases under the filtered Requirement by Exploring the requirement tree.
1. Filter the Requirements according to your needs and choose the Test Cases to be included in the current Test Suite by selecting the check box next to the Test Case in the Requirement Tree.
2. After selecting, click on the Done button to finalize the selection. Your Test Case would be selected and you can see the change in the Create Test Suite page.
A sample Test Suite with all the required details and Test Cases selected is shown below:
3. Click on Create button to Create the Test Suite.
Edit a Test Suite
Click on the Edit button next to the Test Suite name to open the Edit Test Suite page as follows:
Make the required changes and click on Update to finalize the changes.
Delete a Test Suite
- Click on the Delete button next to the Test Suite name and a confirmation dialog opens up.
- Select the checkbox and click on Delete to confirm deletion.
Your Test Suite will be deleted and we will be taken to the Test Suites page.