A user role defines permissions for users to perform a group of tasks. Default there are some predefined roles with a predefined set of permissions.
Navigation: Configuration > User Roles
1. If you are trying to create user roles in first time of the project your landing page display by default with the user roles list.
2. If you have already created user roles your landing page with options search box, list of Existing user roles and on top of right corner creates button is appearing like below
3. Start typing in the search box with the string that you want to search for to see the filtered result in the table.
4. Click on the +Create button to create a new user role and follow the create section below in this article..
5. Click on the Edit icon to do edit your existing user role and follow Edit section below in this article.
6. Click on Delete icon to remove your user role.
How to create custom fields?
7. Creating user role a user role form, enter the following details
Name: The name of user role.
Display Name: Which name is we type in display name it will display in the user roles list and the user role field list in user creation page.
Description: Type more details about user role.
Admin: Give permissions which pages are under admin.
Test Plan: Give permissions which pages are under test plan.
Test Lab: Give permissions which pages are under test lab.
Reports: Give permissions which pages are under reports.
Results: Give permissions which pages are under results.
8. There are three types of permissions No Access, Read, Write, Full Access.
No Access: It means user cannot read, write projects also if user tries to do something it will display a message as "you are not allowed to access this page, please contact Administrator".
Read: It means users can read details of pages but cannot write projects also if user try to do something it will display a message as "you are not allowed to access this page, please contact Administrator"
Write: It means users can read, write in pages, but cannot give permissions to another user.
Full Access: It means users can read, write and can give permissions to another user.
9. After Enter the required information the form look like below
10. Click on create a button to see a success message as "User Role is created successfully ".
11. After completion of above steps now user role is ready to use in users. Refer article How to use user roles in users?
12. Edit the following fields in edit user role page.
13. Click on the update button to continue changing.
How Delete Custom fields?
14. By clicking on the delete icon you will get an alert page.
15. Confirm and click on delete.
16. If the user role is used in user, it display alert page and it will not allow to delete until change the role associated for the users.