Testsigma helps us in managing big projects by allowing us to add and manage multiple Applications, Application Versions, and their requirements simultaneously with minimum effort.
A Sample Project hierarchy is available here to get familiar with the Project Creation process.
After going through the hierarchy that Testsigma follows, you can continue creating the Requirement as given below in the Create Requirement section.
A new Requirement can be added by two different methods as mentioned below:
This method is useful for the first time users to get acquainted with the Requirement creation process in Testsigma. Once we become familiar with the process, it is recommended to follow the second method given below in this section.
1. Firstly, click on the '+ New' button on the top right corner of any page on Testsigma and a drop-down menu appears as shown below:
2. After that, click on the item named '+ Requirement' to open the Create Requirement page. An intermediate page would open up to select the Application and Version under which the Requirement is to be created and the page looks like given below:
If you have not created an Application or Version before, the default Application and Version would be selected automatically.
Note: The reason for this behavior is that a Requirement cannot be created unless linked with an Application and Version. You might have read about this condition in the article describing the Sample Project hierarchy.
3. Select Application, Version and click Continue button to go to the Create Requirement page.
This method is recommended for the experienced users who are already familiar with the Project hierarchy and navigating around the Tool.
1. Click on the Project name on top left corner near the Testsigma logo and select the Project inside which we need to create our Application. We will be taken to the Dashboard page.
2. Now, click on the Applications icon on the left navigation pane to go to the Applications page.
3. Select the Version from the list under which we need to create the requirement.
4. After that, you can go to the Version Details page or Requirements page to create the Requirement.
- In the Version Details page, you can create Requirement by clicking on Create Requirement button on the top right corner near the Version Edit and Delete button.
- In the Requirements page, you can create Requirement by clicking on Create button on the top right corner.
Following the first or second method takes us to the Create Requirement page. The Create Requirement page looks as given below:
Enter the details as given below:
Name (Required): Enter a name for this particular requirement of your application.
Description: Enter a meaningful description of this requirement elaborating about it.
Type (Required): Select the type of this particular requirement from the list of available types.
Requirement (Required): If the current requirement has a parent requirement, you can select that from the list of already created requirements. This field can be left blank if there are no prerequisites.
Note: This field will not be present during the creation of the first requirement for a version.
Start Date (Required): The date by which the test development for the current requirement is to be started. This can be current date or a future date.
Completion Date (Required): The date by which the test development for the current requirement is expected to be completed. The value given here should be a date later than the start date.
Planned Manual Count (Required): The number of planned manual Test Cases to be created for this requirement.
Planned Automation Count (Required): The number of planned automation Test Cases to be created for this requirement.
Below given is a sample Requirement for the 'OrangeHRM' Project:
Enter the details for your Requirement and click on the Create button. You will see a notification for successful Requirement creation and will be taken to Requirement Details page.
Note: A requirement is not mandatory in Testsigma to proceed with the Test creation. If we skip the Requirement creation, Testsigma will create a default requirement automatically.
Click on the Edit button next to the Requirement that needs to be edited on the Requirements page. Edit Requirement page would appear as given below:
Now we can edit the required fields and click on Update button. You will get a notification on successful update and will be taken to the Requirement Details page as before. You can verify the changes there and make more modifications if necessary.
Click on the Delete button next to the Requirement that needs to be deleted on the Requirements page. Confirm Delete popup would appear as shown below:
Select the checkbox and click on Delete button to confirm the deletion.