Third Party Plugin Integration in Testsigma
Integrating your Test Results with third party Team Collaboration tools like Slack will boost the productivity and Teamwork. Testsigma provides third party plugin integrations for scenarios just like this. We will discuss about integrating Slack into Testsigma platform and automatically sending Test Reports in this article.
Please note that Testsigma also provides detailed Test Reports via Email by default.
We need to perform only 2 steps to start bug reporting and they are as follows:
(I) Add an Incoming Webhook App to your Slack Account
(II) Add an Integration to Slack in Testsigma Plugins Interface.
(I) Add Incoming Webhook App in Slack Account
As the official Slack Webhooks Documentation says,
Incoming Webhooks are a simple way to post messages from external sources into Slack. They make use of normal HTTP requests with a JSON payload that includes the message text and some options. Message Attachments can also be used in Incoming Webhooks to display richly-formatted messages that stand out from regular chat messages.
We are going to use this Webhook App to configure real-time reports from Testsigma.
1. Visit the below link and go through the step by step guide for creating an Incoming Webhook to a Channel in your Slack account.
Note: Before starting, make sure you are logged into your Slack Account in your default web browser first.
2. Select the Channel from the drop-down list and click on the Add Incoming Webhooks Integration button.
3. You will get the Webhook URL in the next page. Please note it down for future use while integrating your Slack account to Testsigma. This URL is the most important part in this configuration.
4. Follow the steps in the page and click on Save Settings at the bottom of the page to finish creating the Webhook.
For a more detailed guide, please check the below link:
(II) Integrating your Slack Account into Testsigma
Third party plugin integrations are managed in the Plugins page under Configurations and we can navigate to the Plugins page by going through
Configuration > Plugins
1. Once we are in the Plugins page, you can see an array of available Plugins. Click on the Slack plugin to integrate your Slack Account with Testsigma.
2. Clicking on the Slack link takes us to the Slack Integration page. If a Slack account is already added, you can see it here. Click on the Edit icon to Edit the Integration details and Delete icon to delete the Integration.
3. If Slack account is not added yet, you can see an Add button and a message notifying that Slack is not integrated yet. Click on the Add button to open the Add Slack Integration page.
4. In the Add Slack integration page, enter the following details
Webhook URL: Enter the webhook URL of your Slack Incoming Webhook App obtained in (I) Step
For example, https://hooks.slack.com/services/<webhook_identifier>
Note: Please make sure that you enter the complete URL i.e including the https:// part
Post to Channel(Optional): Enter the name of the Slack Channel to which you want to post the updates to.
Username that this Integration will post as(Optional): Enter the username you want the updates to be addressed from.
5. Once all the details are entered, click on the Add button to add the Integration.
Your Slack account has been added successfully and you will get a success notification.
That's all we need to do to get instant notifications in Slack about Execution status change from Testsigma.