Note: You need a TestObject/SauceLabs Account for inspecting Apps on TestObject. We can provide you complimentary TestObject API creds for your Testsigma account on-demand if you have subscribed for Pro Plan with Testsigma.
Appium Desktop is an open-source app for Mac, Windows, and Linux which allows you to use Appium Server in an intuitive and powerful GUI as compared to the command line Appium tool.
You can install it from here - Github Appium Desktop Repository
Appium Inspector is a component of the Appium Desktop application that allows us to inspect mobile Apps.
On opening the Appium Desktop Client, it will look as shown below:
Connecting to real Android/iOS devices on TestObject Cloud
There's no need to create a local Appium Server session if you are going to use TestObject, BrowserStack or similar Cloud-based environments. You can skip the local server creation by following the below step.
1. From the Appium Welcome Screen shown above, click on the File > New Session Window(for Windows) or Appium > New Session Window(for Mac) to start a new session.
2. Select the TestObject tab and enter your TestObject API Key and select your preferred Data Center - US/EU.
Note: Please contact Testsigma Support to get the TestObject API Key for your account.
3. Enter the minimum Desired Capabilities for connecting to a cloud device on TestObject as given below:
There are a set of bare minimum Desired Capabilities we need to add in order to inspect an Android/iOS App using the Inspector.
Desired Capabilities for Android/iOS
- platformName: We need to provide the value 'Android' or 'iOS'.
- platformVersion: As per the version of your Android or iOS Device/Simulator.
- testobject_app_id(optional): The App ID of the file uploaded on TestObject/Testsigma Uploads page.
Here's a sample set:
The above capability set allocated a device of the selected configuration dynamically from the available cloud devices.
4. Finally, click on the Start Session.
Thus, we have successfully started an Appium Desktop Inspector session for inspecting your Mobile App on using devices on TestObject Cloud.
Check the below article to know more about inspecting Android/iOS Apps using Appium Inspector - How to inspect Android/iOS Apps using Appium Inspector?