Testsigma by default has minimum required fields for Project, Application, Version, Requirement, Test Cases and Test Steps. Testsigma enables you to add custom fields in addition to the default fields. For example, if you needed to capture information about the due date in test case page, you can add through custom field.
Navigation: Configuration > Custom Fields
1. If you are trying to create a custom fields for first time of the project, you will get create button in middle of the page like below
2. If you have already created custom fields, you will find a landing page with an options create, edit, delete and a Search box to filter custom fields with name followed by a section with a table of existing custom fields.
3. Start typing in search box with string that you want to search for to see the filtered result in the table.
4. Click on +Create button to create a new Custom Field and follow the create section below in this article..
5. Click on Edit icon to do edit your existing Custom Field and follow Edit section below in this article.
6. Click on Delete icon to remove your Custom Field.
How to create custom fields?
7. Enter the following fields in create custom fields page.
Name: Enter the name to display as a field label in selected entity.
Description: Write more details about custom field.
Entity: Select the entity from dropdown list of Project, Application, Version, Requirement, Test Case and Test Step in which you want to add custom field. Example : Test Case
Type : Select the type from dropdown list of Text, Select, Checkbox, Radio, Date, TextArea, URL and Number . For Example, Due Date.
8. After Enter required data in fields page with all the required information the form look like below
9. Click on create button to see a success message as "Custom Field is created successfully ".
How to use Custom field in Test case?
10. To add test case Refer article How to add/edit/delete automated test case?
11. If you have already added custum field for test case follow the below steps. If not refer to create custom field section.
12. Click on custom fields dropdown to get list of available custom fields in create test case page.
13. Select Due Date custom field from dropdown list to add to test case page.
How Edit Custom fields?
14. Edit the following fields in edit custom fields page.
17. Click on update button to continue changes.
How Delete Custom fields?
18. By clicking on the delete icon, you will get an alert page.
19. Confirm and click on delete.