Once you have created a test case containing a number of test steps for execution, we can move onto setting up an execution environment. We may choose any of the available execution models such as Testsigma Lab, Hybrid, Sauce Labs or BrowserStack.
We will review the process of setting up a Hybrid Execution in this article.
We need to set up a local machine to execute the tests in Hybrid Model. We can do that by executing the Testsigma agent on the machine. The agent will do the required configuration, avoid the hassle of numerous configuration for end-users and allow us to concentrate on managing the tests alone.
Create a Hybrid Execution as per the instructions given below in the section Create Execution and then set up the Testsigma Agent.
After creating the Hybrid Execution as described here, please follow this article for a detailed guide on setting up the Testsigma agent on your local PC where tests are to be executed - Setting up Testsigma Agent on your local Windows/Mac/Linux machine
After setting up the Testsigma Agent on your local test machine, we can run the Hybrid Execution.
1. First of all, navigate to the Executions page of the Application to be executed as follows:
Test Development > Executions
We will be taken to the ‘Executions’ page where we can see a list of Executions created by us if any. We will create a new Hybrid Execution here.
2. Once you have reached the Executions page, click on the Create button to create a new Execution.
We will be taken to ‘Create Execution’ page where we need to enter the following details:
Select Automated / Manual Execution
Name: Enter a name for the Execution
Description: Enter a meaningful description for the Execution elaborating about it.
Email Address: Enter the email addresses to be notified when the tests are performed
Execution Model: Select Hybrid option to create a Hybrid Execution.
Under Execution Settings and Recovery options, the options are all self explanatory. Make changes only if necessary.
Refer the below image for a sample of data to be entered:
3. After entering the details, click on +Create Execution Configuration to open the Create Execution Configuration Window. If you have not added a Local device to Systems earlier, you will get a notification to create a System as shown below:
We need to add the local machine(PC, Laptop, or Mac) on which we are going to execute the tests to the list of Systems on your Testsigma Account. Please refer this article to add a local machine as System - How to add/edit/delete System?
If you have already created a System, you can proceed further onto entering the required details. Refer the below image for a sample of data to be entered:
Note: Windows-L is the name of a sample system we added to our Test Account. Once you create a System, your System will be listed on the Machine list.
Make the necessary selections for Platform, OS, Browser, Browser version e.t.c as per the Execution Environment you want to create.
4. After entering the required details, click Create button. We will be taken back to the Create Execution page and the newly created Execution Environment will be present in the list of Environments as shown below:
5. After the Execution Environment is added successfully, we can finally create the Execution by clicking the Create button. Your Execution will be created and added to the list of Executions as shown below:
The execution is created and you can run the Tests now if the Testsigma Agent is configured on your local machine.
Please refer the below article for a detailed guide on setting up Testsigma Agent if you have not already