For performing tests on your Apps, it should be available in one of the below locations:
- Installed on Test mobile Device(Local Hybrid Execution)
- Located on local machine(Local Hybrid Execution)
- Uploaded to your server and accessible via direct link on internet
- Uploaded to Testsigma Cloud
Let us see how we can upload the Application to Testsigma Cloud.
Uploading the App
1. First of all, navigate to the Uploads page by going through Test Development > Uploads.
2. In the Uploads page, click on the Upload button in the top right corner to open the Upload page.
2. Enter the details as given below:
Name: Enter the name of the App to be uploaded.
Note: The name given here will be shown in the App selection list in Execution Configuration page while selecting Use Uploads option.
File Type: Select the File Type from the list(APK or IPA).
Version: Enter the version number of the Application.
Upload To: Select the Execution Model for which the file is to be used.
Note: Right now, only Testsigma Labs is supported. Sauce Labs and BrowserStack will be supported soon.
Choose File: Click here to select the file to be uploaded.
3. Finally, click on the Upload button to upload the file.
4. Wait for the file to be uploaded successfully before using it. Once the file is uploaded successfully, the page will refresh itself and you will be taken from the above Upload dialog page to the main Uploads page shown below.
Note: After the automatic page refresh, if the status has not changed to 'Completed', please refresh again after some time. If the status still doesn't change, please delete the uploaded file and try again.
Using the uploaded Application in Execution
Once the Application is uploaded successfully, it can be used for executing tests.
1. While adding an Execution Configuration, select the Use Uploads radio button and select the uploaded app by Name from the App Name list.
2. Proceed as normal to create the Execution and run the tests.
Check the following resources for more details: