For those who are getting started with Automated Tests, the most difficult part is to get accustomed to writing XPaths and unique UI Identifiers for locating Web page Elements(username, password fields, buttons, drop-downs, links e.t.c) on which they need to perform actions on. We understand this very well and therefore have come up with the Testsigma Test Step Recorder for Chrome.
Using Testsigma Step Recorder, you can record the Test Steps you want to automate using Google Chrome Browser and then use the same Test Case for running Tests on all the available Web Browsers.
Here's how to get started with the Test Recorder:
1. First of all, open your Chrome Browser and go to Chrome Extensions Store.
2. Search for Testsigma, select the first one from the suggestions and install it
3. Create a new Test Case in your Testsigma App in which you want to add the recorded Test Steps
4. Enter the Application URL that you want to automate and click on 'Start' button
A new Chrome Window will open up. You are ready to record the Test Steps now.
Note: Please wait a few seconds until the the Web Page is fully loaded so that the extension can profile the page in background.
Also, there are a set of Keyboard and Mouse Controls that can be used to perform certain actions such as mouse over, selecting from drop downs, pausing recorder, skipping steps e.t.c
Once the Application Web page is fully loaded, you may start interacting and performing actions on the page.
5. Highlight the required element by hovering over the element first and then perform clicks, type value into the fields e.t.c. The steps performed by you will be recorded in background and added to the Test Case.
6. Once the required actions are complete, switch back to the Testsigma Test Case page to see the recorder steps.
7. Rename the UI Identifiers if needed to make it more meaningful
8. Perform a dry run right away to check the correctness of the Test Steps and modify or delete unwanted steps if there are any.
9. Check the Test Results to find the issues, fix the issues and repeat until the Test Case is passed.
10. Finally, add Assertions or verification steps as required.
That's all we need to do in order to record Test Steps using Testsigma Chrome Step Recorder.