Copying versions can be useful if the functionality of your App Versions has little to no difference and the same Test Case can be used for multiple versions with minimal changes. Copy Version can also be used in cases where you need to use the same Test Cases with completely different Data.
We need to check if a Project has multiple Versions support first before trying the Copy feature. Please check the Version name below the Testsigma Logo to find out if Multiple Versions are enabled.
If Drop down number 1 is present, that denotes multiple Applications are enabled and if Drop down number 2 is present, that denotes multiple Versions are enabled.
If Versions are not enabled, please follow the below steps:
1. Click on Project Settings > Project Details
2. Click on Edit button and check the checkbox "Enable this if you have multiple versions in your applications"
Visibility of Applications and Versions
- If Multiple Applications are enabled, a new menu item will appear below Project Details named 'Applications' in Project Settings.
- If Multiple Versions are enabled, a new menu item will appear below Project Details named 'Versions' in Project Settings.
- If both Multiple Applications and Multiple Versions are enabled, a new menu item will appear below Project Details named 'Applications' in Project Settings and you can see the Versions page inside that.
From the Project Settings page, click on Applications link to reveal the Applications and Versions list. If only Versions are enabled, a Versions link will b present Project Settings page.
1. Click on the Version name that you want to copy. This takes us to the Version details page.
2. Click on Copy button on the top right corner and the below page opens up
3. Enter the details such as New Version name, Start and Release Dates for the new Version and click Create.
That's all we need to copy Versions!
Happy Test Automation!