URLs allow you to access the website/application. If the URL is broken, our Testsigma servers will not be able to access the application and the tests will not be executed.
It is very important that the user ensures the URL is right.
Resolution: Validate the URL by pasting it in the address bar of your favorite browser and check if the URL navigates you to the application.
In case the application/website is hosted on a local server for example HTTP://localhost:8080, the recommended way of testing is by installing the Agent.
Testsigma Agent is a simple software which when installed, helps the Testsigma servers connect to your local machine and run tests on the browsers installed on your machine.
Follow these steps to install the Testsigma Agent and run your tests.
1. Navigate to the Agents page
2. Click on Download Agent
This will download the Agents zip file specifically for your machine's operating system.
3. Unzip the folder and copy the folder to a different folder. For example /Users/username/all applications
4. Navigate to the folder and observe the files. Find below a screenshot for the folder on Mac computer
5. Here is a list of files and their usage
Windows: start.bat -> Double click on this file or run it from the command prompt on Windows to start the Agent
stop.bat -> Double click on this file or run it from the command prompt on Windows to stop the Agent
Alternately, you can press Ctrl + C on the command prompt from your keyboard to stop the Agent
Mac OS / Linux : start.sh --> Run the ./start.sh command on terminal to start the Agent
stop.sh--> Run the ./stop.sh command on terminal to stop the Agent
An example for the Mac OS is shown here :
You will be able to observe the Testsigma Agent tray icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
Please observe the screenshot below: When the Agent starts, a green testsigma icon is visible in the tray.
6. Now, navigate to the Agents page and click on "Add a new Agent"
7. Change the name from "localhost" to a name with which you can identify this Agent in the future
8. Now your Agent is registered and ready to be used
9. Now, when you write a test case with a locally hosted application
Now you are ready to run tests on your local application.