Is your Testsigma Agent up to date? Please check and update your Agent.
Have you connected your device to the machine where you are testing your application?
Is the cable working properly?
If connected via Wifi, is your Wifi connection strength proper?
Ensure the following:
- USB Debugging mode is enabled on the mobile device
- ADB recognizes the device connected to the system
- Changing the Desired capability as per the device/application
Enable USB Debugging Mode In Mobile Device
This can be done in 2 ways.
- Enable USB debugging mode in settings of Mobile devices.
- Activate USB mode through PDANET+ software.
1) Developer Options
- Navigate to the Settings app on the phone
- Scroll down and click on the Developer Options
- Turn on the Developer Options and click the USB Debugging
Some devices do not have “Developer Options” under Settings. In such cases, follow the below steps:
- Navigate to Settings > About Phone > Build Number
- Dab on Build number 7 times, then a pop up will appear saying ‘You are now a developer
- Then Go back to settings. You will find ‘Developer Options’ getting listed
- Enable ‘USB Debugging’ and now the device is ready to connect to the system
- Once done, you will now be able to enable/disable it whenever you desire by going to Settings -> Developer Options -> Debugging -> USB debugging
Verify If System Recognizes A Device Using ADB
To verify if the system is able to recognize the device,
- Open command prompt
- Type >‘adb devices’
- Click on Enter.
The device name should be listed in its response as below. In this case, only one device is attached, so the device name of that mobile is listed as ‘AVY9KA90322022030’.
This command displays all devices connected to the system at that instance (might one or two or more devices also).
Note: We need to make sure that the Android SDK is installed in the system and its environment path is set, before running the ADB command.
If the device is not displayed in the response, then there might be some issue with the device connection or sometimes USB debugging mode may not be enabled properly.
If the issue persists, contact Testsigma Support.